1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing,frequency and pattern of service use;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address and email address;
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website; and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Using your Personal Information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalise our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send you goods purchased through our website;
- Send statements and invoices to you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website [(including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
3.5 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
5.1 Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
5.2 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
Retaining Personal Information
6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your Personal Information
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
7.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
8.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through our website.
9.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
9.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
10.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12.1 We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. This is required for the normal operation of our website and to enable log in and cart functionality. Our website also contains third party cookies which are required for (i) displaying media on our website and (ii) connecting to social media sites.
12.2 If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will have the file names cookie 1. YSC; cookie 2. PREF; cookie 3. GEUP; cookie 4. VISITOR-INFO1-LIVE; and cookie 5. woocommerce_recently_viewed.
12.3 Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at http://www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
12.4 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
12.5 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
12.6 We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
12.7 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Data Protection Registration
13.1 We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
13.2 Our data protection registration number is ZA078253.
14.1 This website is owned and operated by Starfish Information Products Limited. Please note that Paleo Diet and Fitness is a trading name of Starfish Information Products Limited.
14.2 Starfish Information products Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under registration number 9209621, and our registered soffice is at 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex BN26 6EA.
14.3 You can contact us by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 0208 0901781.